NYU Langone Medical (SP)
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Section Head, Pathology.
In this role, the successful candidate oversees the daily operation of the section(s) of the laboratory as designated in the New State Laboratory Permit consistent with regulations governing supervision of subordinate staff. Assesses new employees' initial competency and evaluates each employee as required by the department/institution. Encourages and participates in staff development and continued competency assessment. Participates in the financial decisions and accountability of the department and plans for appropriate resources needed to accomplish the department's objectives.
- Responsible for day-to-day supervision of high complexity testing performance by testing personnel. Communicates with the Medical and Administrative Directors of the department for advice and counsel and direction. Resolves technical problems and ensures that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviates from the lab's established performance specifications. Ensures for accuracy of patient test result reports and proper functioning of the test system.
- Provides orientation to all testing personnel within department. Identifies training needs for the type and complexity of the testing performed. Monitors the recording and reporting of test results. Reviews worksheets, quality control records, proficiency testing results and preventive maintenance records. Observes performance of instrument and function checks.
- Responsible for department competencies. Evaluates and documents the performance of individuals responsible for high complexity testing. Ensures that staff maintains their competency to perform test procedures.
- Works within the budget recommendations for area Section of responsibility and maintain expenditures within the approved budget.
- Develops, coordinates and provides team support. Trains, coaches and mentors staff. Presents Continuing Education.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology, Biology or related field.
- Current and Valid NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist license or Cytotechnologist license .
- 6 Years Clinical Laboratory experience in a Hospital or Reference Lab.
- Immunohistology experience required
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), critical skills, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Technical skills related to the laboratory discipline.
Required Licenses: Clinical Lab Technologist-NYS, Cytotechnologist License - NYS
Master's degree in Healthcare Administration or related field.
Medical Technologist certification from the American Association of Clinical Pathologists.
1-2 years Supervisory, Management or Lead role.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Share On :