NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
In this role, the successful candidate This position performs all routine and complicated laboratory procedures including specimen processing and handling, testing of patient specimens, calculating and reporting of results, performance of quality control procedures, operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Performs laboratory tests and procedures.
- Follows approved policies and procedures in performing specific methodologies and instrument operations and follows approved policies for proper recording and reporting of results.
- Performs and documents procedures required to ensure the quality of testing being performed. Responsibility includes quality control, instrument preventative maintenance, function checks and calibration.
- Follow approved guidelines when troubleshooting and carry out appropriate course of action when control values and/or instrument functions checks are invalid or inconsistent.
- Review patient results prior to release to the electronic medical record. Correlate final results with known facts concerning patient history/previous values and recognize the validity of results and identify/reject those results that are illogical.
- Communicate critical values and barriers to testing to medical staff according to protocol. Document according to laboratory policy.
- Complete assigned proficiency and competency assessments
- Maintain sufficient testing supplies in work area, including ordering if directed by lead.
- Consistently generate and review pending logs
- Enters Patient Safety Intelligence (PSI) as required.
- Participates in the training of new medical technologists/residents at the direction of seniors and lead technologists.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a NYSDOH Licensed as a Certified Clinical Laboratory Technologist. Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Technology from a program registered by the NYS Department of Education or Bachelor's Degree in the major of biology, chemistry or physical sciences from an accredited college or university or education requirement grandfathered by the NYSOP. One year experience in a clinical laboratory (completion of an internship at a qualified institution is acceptable). NYS License. 1 year (completion of an internship at a qualified institution is acceptable) Effective Interpersonal and Communication skills required. MUST HAVE CHEMISTRY AND HEMATOLOGY EXPERIENCE.
Required Licenses: CliniclLabTechnolgst-NYSPermit, Clinical Lab Technologist-NYS
ASCP Certified. Excellent computer knowledge/skill.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $88,909.60 - $110,333.60 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :